What's New - TruClient
To upgrade, you need to first uninstall TruClient using the Windows Add/Remove Programs utility, then install the new version.
If you have enabled Internet Explorer Cache simulation, you must disable it before uninstalling TruClient. SeeTruClient Browser for Internet Explorer
Note: TruClient standalone cannot be installed on a machine with other LoadRunner components, apart from the Analysis component
This new edition of TruClient features:
- Browser-based edition with a light, quick installation.
- Can be used on MAC OS.
- Works only with Chrome browser.
See TruClient Lite
Improvements to interactive script development:
- Control actions during recording. See Record a TruClient Script.
- Ability to skip Wait steps during script replay. See Insert Wait Steps in Debug Scripts.
- Ability to disable the Watch panel from the Interactive Options tab of the General Settings.
Browser version support added:
- Chromium 46
- Firefox 40.0.3
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11
Internet Explorer 9 is no longer supported.
TruClient Chromium support added for:
- NV Emulation integration
- NV Analytics Report in VuGen
- speed simulation, available under Network on the Run-Time Settings tab of the General Settings.
- IP Spoofing
- HP Diagnostics integration
TruClient Internet Explorer:
- Improved support for Internet Explorer 10 and 11 cache mechanism
- Stability fixes
Improvements to step end events
- New end event – Object Exists
- Automatic end event per browser
- Reset automatic end event
For details, see Understanding End Events.
Improvements to object identification
- Automatic object identification now includes a built-in fallback mechanism. For details, see Object Identification.
- Random object identification using Descriptors. For details, see Descriptors.
- Improved ability to record SAPUI5 applications. Recording is supported with all browsers and with increased usability.
- Ability to call the parameter’s name directly as an input in the Step Arguments section.
- Support Continue to next step as additional Action on Error. To select, see under Load on the Run-Time Settings tab of the General Settings .
- Support for additional VTS (Virtual Table Server) APIs. For details, seeTruClient Functions
- Title argument added to Activate Browser Window step, enabling activation of browser window using the window title. For details, see TruClient Step Arguments.
- Activate tab/window steps now have a retry mechanism with timeout. For details, see TruClient Step Arguments.
- Revamped TruClient Launcher
- Support for non-zipped script folders
- Ability to export script to zips containing runtime files only